BAKED TO TASTE
GLUTEN FREE CAKE FLOUR MIX
APPLE AND FUDGE SPONGE PUDDING
50g soft brown sugar
50g double cream
Mix all the above in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat. Once it has all melted bring to the boil for 3 minutes until bubbling then remove from the heat.
105g butter or margarine
50g caster sugar
55g light brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
105g Baked To Taste cake mix
75g ground almonds
2 eating apples
1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Preheat oven to 160C/Fan 150C Gas mark 4. Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- Slice the apples thinly and mix with the lemon juice. Pour the fudge sauce onto the bottom of the prepared tin and arrange the apples on top in a circular pattern.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time until fully mixed. If the mixture starts to curdle add a tablespoon of the cake mix.
- Fold in the flour and ground almonds a tablespoon at a time until lump free. Fold in the milk.
- Spoon over the apples and fudge sauce and smooth the top with a palette knife.
- You may have sponge mixture over, if so make a few cupcakes. I had enough for 5 cupcakes and I added chocolate chips to mine, but you could also use a handful of dried or fresh fruit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch.
- Turn upside down and serve hot with custard or cream.
You can buy the cake mix here: Gluten Free Cake Mix